Read our Rules of the Road
Obey these rules: we want you to have fun AND stay safe on the road.
- Helmets are mandatory.
- Always ride with a spare tire, CO2 cartridge and/or pump.
- Know and maintain your bike. This will ensure you will have a good ride.
- Bring water and food on rides. You are responsible to fuel appropriately. Rule of thumb is 1 bottle of H2O per hour.
- Follow all rules of the road: traffic signs, signals, stop signs, red lights and cross walks.
- Use your hand signals and call out to communicate to the pack.
- Ride as close as you can to the wheel of the rider in front of you and where you feel comfortable. (do not cross tires).
- Share the lead. If you feel comfortable in a pace line, do your time up front.
- No earphones… it is just not safe. But, feel free to sing if you must.
- BE MINDFUL. We all share the road so be courteous to drivers, pedestrians, and other cyclists.
- Wear your SUGOi club kit. It helps spread the word about WOWride Cycling Club and you look awesome in it. Get kit here!
- Bring the right clothing for the weather.
- Be on time for scheduled rides.
- Understand and be honest with your ability and your fitness level. Our focus is to improve no matter where you are right now.
- NO Tri-bars.
- Ride hard. Smile often… as Axel Meryx says. Bring your willing legs and lungs to every ride. Give it your all and have fun.
- Leaving a ride early? Let us know on the ride and text us when you get home.
- Be generous and share: cycling knowledge, healthy recipes and nutrition, stretches and photos.
- Keep up with the Group: Ride at a steady pace at a comfortable distance behind another rider,
ride straight with balanced control while fueling and communicating & be able to ride clipped in at a minimum speed of 23 km/hr at a minimum of 50km.
Be social & spread the word about WOWride Cycling Club
Help us grow as a club! Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter & Instagram, and our cycling group on Strava. Be sure to post your pictures and tweets and tag us @wowridecycling, #wowridecyling, #strongertogether.