Get Ready to Roll!
WOWride Cycling Club aims to connect like-minded dynamic female cyclists to ride strongly together in a fun, energetic, safe environment.
Whether you’re a seasoned fondo and charity rider, an indoor spin cyclist looking to take it outside, or you just want to get out and ride, we would love to ride with you.
To make sure everyone is having FUN and riding together, you need to be able to:
– Ride at a steady pace at a comfortable distance behind another rider
– Ride straight with balanced control while fueling and communicating
– Ride clipped in at a minimum average speed of 23 km/h for a minimum of 50km ride
Your WOWride Cycling Club road membership (annual fee $210) includes:
- Slick technical Jakroo WOWride jersey for all members
- Weekly group rides April –September lead by our Let’s Ride (formerly NCCP Level 1) & Standard First Aid certified cycling coaches, a.k.a., our Domestiques. Our rides have mainly West Side starting points with many North shore meeting points.
- Destination rides
- Access to WOWride leaders for local fondos, if being held
- Welcome Post Ride Coffee in May , COVID guidelines permitting
- WOWride’s closing post ride coffee/party in September, COVID guidelines permitting
- Master your Mojo (additional cost) lead by professional coaches
- “Love Your Legs” Cycling Camp in Osoyoos to cycle, sip, dip & down-dog (additional cost for getaway, but giggles included)
- Three clinics: bike maintenance, safety day, West 4th Physio’s Strength training..all hosted with a dash of fun at no additional charge
- Discounts on stuff we love related to road riding and more at West 10th Eyes, Speed Theory, Obsession Bikes, Bicycle Sports Pacific, Ladysport, Precision Hydration, and Sanctuary Cafe
Gravel Membership is sold separately for $150 and includes all gravel rides April to September
Calling all Gravel riders who want to connect and check out the hottest thing happening in cycling. WOWride’s pilot gravel project invites you to join us on our adventure to the wider tires and a little bumpier journey. We will be meeting twice a month on Saturday in April, May, June, & Sept and Wednesday nights in July and August. To be part of the group, you will require to be a Cycling BC member. Gravel fee includes a relaxed gravel/MTB jersey and rides. You do not need to be a WOWride road member, to be a WOWride gravel member. Sign up now at our store.
Weather & Drop-In Policies
Wet weather policy: Rides will be cancelled if it is significantly raining one hour before our scheduled start. Check our website calendar and facebook page for updates Drop-In Policy: You are usually welcome to drop-in on the 1st scheduled Tuesday OR Sunday ride of APRIL or MAY ONLY, BUT YOU NEED TO BE INSURED.
Already a member of Cycling BC or UCI license?
If you hold a Cycling BC license (including a BC Citizen license) and wish to drop-in ONCE COVID IS OVER, then you are already properly covered and you may attend ONE of our club rides.
Not a member of Cycling BC or any other UCI sanctioned organization?
No problem, you will just need to sign Part 1 of the Cycling BC CBC Membership-waiver, and you can join us for a ride ONCE COVID IS OVER.
WOWride Cycling Club Membership
Memberships are valid from April 1 – December 31.