WOWride Cycling Club aims to connect like-minded dynamic female cyclists to ride strongly together in a fun, energetic, safe environment.
Whether you’re a seasoned fondo and charity rider, an indoor spin cyclist looking to take it outside, or you just want to get out and ride, we would love to ride with you.
To make sure everyone is having FUN and riding together, you need to be able to:
– Ride at a steady pace at a comfortable distance behind another rider
– Ride straight with balanced control while fueling and communicating
– Ride clipped in at a minimum average speed of 23 km/h for a minimum of 50km ride
Your WOWride Cycling Club membership (annual fee $210) includes:
Fellow riders, We are totally excited to get our season started as soon as the government and Cycling BC says we are good to go. Keep well and we will see you soon. Please come back to our site May 1st for an update on the season.
- UPDATED Fashion forward technical SUGOi WOWride jersey for all members
- Weekly group rides April –September lead by our Let’s Ride (formerly NCCP Level 1) & Standard First Aid certified cycling coaches, a.k.a., our Domestiques. Our rides have mainly West Side starting points with many North shore meeting points.
- Destination rides
- Access to WOWride leaders for local fondos
- Launch Party with fabulous food, wine, and laughs
- WOWride’s “Wined” Up Party
- Master your Mojo, Embrace the Race, & Master your Mountain Bike clinics (additional cost) lead by professional coaches
- “Love Your Legs” Cycling Camp in Osoyoos to cycle, sip, dip & down-dog (additional cost for getaway, but giggles included)
- Three complimentary twisted clinics: bike maintenance, safety day, West 4th Physio’s injury prevention..all hosted with a dash of fun at no additional charge
- Pop up surprise events and fundraisers organized by women for women
- Discounts on stuff we love related to road riding at Speed Theory, La Bicicletta, Obsession Bikes, Steed Cycles, Ladysport, Sugoi, and Sanctuary Cafe
Weather & Drop-In Policies
Wet weather policy: Rides will be cancelled if it is significantly raining one hour before our scheduled start. Check our website calendar and facebook page for updates Drop-In Policy: You are welcome to drop-in on the 1st scheduled Tuesday OR Sunday ride of APRIL or MAY ONLY. No drop ins in June, July or August. BUT YOU NEED TO BE INSURED.
Already a member of Cycling BC or UCI license?
If you hold a Cycling BC license (including a BC Citizen license) and wish to drop-in, then you are already properly covered and you may attend ONE of our club rides.
Not a member of Cycling BC or any other UCI sanctioned organization?
No problem, you will just need to sign Part 1 of the Cycling BC CBC Membership-waiver, and you can join us for a ride.
In order to become a member or renew your membership you will need a Cycling BC License.
It insures you on our rides. This license is not included in our membership fee but we have made it super easy for you – now you can buy your insurance and your WOWride membership at the same time!